Ms. Nancy Nawrocki is a highly regarded attorney in Livingston County, Michigan. A 1986 graduate of Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan, Ms. Nawrocki emphasizes elder law in her practice. As a long-standing member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Ms. Nawrocki maintains expertise in legal and financial issues that affect older people. By understanding and anticipating changes to the law that affect elder citizens, she has the up-to-the-minute knowledge to counsel elder clients in estate planning, wills, trusts, powers of attorney, Medicare and Medicaid planning, nursing home placement and standard of care issues, guardianship and conservatorship, and probate issues.
Ms. Nawrocki's practice also encompasses family law, estate planning, trusts, probate, and real estate law.
Ms. Nawrocki is active in the Livingston County community, especially in activities related to senior citizens and families. She has served on the Women's Resource Center of Howell, Michigan. She has served as the Co-Chair of the Advisory Board of the Livingston County Hospice, Howell, Michigan from 1996 to 2004. She was a founding member of the Senior Justice Committee of the Michigan Bar Association, and continues to serve as a member of the Elder Law and Advocacy Section, Family Law Section and Probate Law Section. She was the consulting attorney for the Livingston County Older Adult Legal Program from 1988 until its dissolution in 1996. Ms. Nawrocki conducts frequent free seminars on Elder Law at various Livingston County Senior Citizens Centers, and at other sites, and conducts Family Law seminars for the Women's Resource Center. Ms. Nawrocki has served as an elected Trustee of the Cromaine District Library in Hartland, Michigan.
Ms. Nawrocki received recognition for her contributions to her community in 2005, when she was elected to the Michigan Women's Roll of Honor for Livingston County. Also in 2005, Ms. Nawrocki was elected as the first woman President of the Presbytery of Detroit.
Areas of Practice
- Elder Law
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan,1987
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan,1987
- U.S. Supreme Court,1991
- Wayne State University Law School,Detroit,Michigan
- Stetson University College of Law,St. Petersburg,Florida
- LL.M. (Elder Law)-2010
- Oakland University,Rochester,Michigan
- Major:History (Secondary teaching certification)
- Ethical Challenges in Serving the Elder Law Client,Idaho State Bar Advocate,Vol. 37 No. 5,1994
- Ethical Challenges in Serving the Elder Law Client,Michigan Bar Journal
Honors and Awards
- Leadership Livingston, Livingston County, MI Recognized as a County Leader,1997
- Michigan Women's Roll of Honor, Livingston County,2005- Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Women's Resource Center, Howell, MI,Board Member,1995-2000
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys,Member,1988- Present
- Livingston County Hospice Advisory Board,Co-chair,1996-2004
- Livingston County Womenfest,Chairperson,1995-1996
- Livingston County Older Adult Legal Program,Consulting Attorney,1988-1996
- Michigan Bar, Elder Law & Advocacy Section,Founding Member,1993- Present
Past Employment Positions
- Legal Services of Eastern Michigan,Elder Law Attorney,1986-1988
Pro Bono Activities
- Livingston County SMILE Program - Divorce Legal Counseling,1997-2000
- Elder Law Seminars at County Senior Centers,1988- Present
- Family Law Seminars at Women's Resource Center,1989- Present