Understanding Elder Law in Michigan
Types of Elder Law Cases We Handle
As we get older, we face numerous personal, legal and financial challenges. In recent years, laws and regulations influencing these challenges are continually changing and becoming more and more complex. Elder law encompasses the whole collection of legal issues that a person deals with when approaching their elder years. People can address these challenges through estate planning, long-term care planning, nursing home placement and other means. Having a Brighton elder law attorney to walk you through the process can help ensure a stable future for you and your loved ones.
Planning for the Future ∙ Dealing with the Present
At the Nawrocki Center for Elder Law, Special Needs & Disability Planning, PLLC, our lawyers bring decades of experience, a focus on elder law matters and a strong commitment to providing each of our clients with exceptional legal representation.
Learn how to find, keep, and pay for long-term care without losing your life savings in our elder law masterclass.
From our office in Brighton, we represent clients in southeast Michigan in all types of elder law matters, including:
- Long-term care planning: Our lawyers can help you with all aspects of your long-term care planning, including asset protection and placement in a nursing home, in-home care, an assisted living facility or another long-term care facility.
- VA benefits: With a thorough understanding of the Veterans Millennium Health Care and Benefits Act, we help veterans maximize their pension benefits and other benefits for nursing care, homebound aid and attendance and other long-term care needs that arise.
- Medicare and Medicaid planning: Medicare and Medicaid requirements are extremely complicated financially and legally. Our attorneys will use their knowledge and experience to help you get the most out of your care without losing your hard-earned assets in the process.
- Estate recovery: We can help you receive Medicaid benefits and create an estate plan that will keep your home, other real property and other assets out of probate so that the state of Michigan cannot seize these assets in compensation for your long-term care.
- Financial exploitation: The elderly are among the groups most susceptible to financial exploitation. We can help protect you against scammers, criminals, and those that are out to steal your assets.
- Estate planning: Our lawyers can help you create a comprehensive estate plan that takes into account your long-term care needs, state and federal care benefits, your goals for transferring assets, estate recovery issues and other important factors.
Whatever your elder law needs, our experienced Brighton elder lawyers can advise you of your options and help you find the solutions you need.
To schedule an initial consultation with a lawyer from the Nawrocki Center for Elder Law, Special Needs & Disability Planning, PLLC, call us at (810) 893-5277 or send us an email.