Understanding VA Benefits in Michigan
Brighton & West Branch Elder Law Attorneys
Important benefits are available for military veterans. However, organizing and coordinating these benefits can be extremely challenging for anyone other than the most experienced Brighton elder law attorneys.
At the Nawrocki Center for Elder Law, Special Needs & Disability Planning, PLLC, our Michigan attorneys have decades of combined experience and a strong track record helping clients with all aspects of VA benefits.
Veteran Financial Benefits in Michigan
The state of Michigan provides several benefits to veterans. These include:
- Tax-free active duty and retired pay
- Property tax waivers for fully disabled veterans
- Free vehicle registration for fully disabled veterans
- Emergency assistance for temporary financial issues
- State employment preference
- Tuition grants for children of veterans
- Recreation benefits
- Assistance with burial expenses
Managing Your VA Disability & Other Benefits
Attorney Nancy C. Nawrocki has earned full accreditation from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to represent you in a range of veterans benefits issues, and our entire team has the experience and knowledge to help you with:
- Veterans Millennium Health Care and Benefits Act: This law can enhance your health care services and benefits. We can make sure to maximize and coordinate your benefits package with what this law provides.
- Nursing care: Our attorneys can look at your current benefits package and, depending on your circumstances, find you a more efficient and beneficial approach to getting the long-term care you need.
- Homebound aid/aid and attendance: Most likely, your preference is to stay in your own home as long as possible late in life. Our lawyers will work with you to explore all of your potential options for affording the homebound aid and in-home care you need so you can stay at home for as long as possible.
- Pension benefits: There are some generous pension benefits available if you are a veteran, especially if you served during qualifying wartime conflict. We can help you maximize your pension benefits and protect your assets through all aspects of your long-term care planning.
You do not have to face your long-term planning or handle your VA benefits alone. At our law firm, our Brighton & West Branch elder law attorneys understand how complicated this process can be. Our lawyers have decades of experience working with VA benefits, and we can simplify the process for you, protect your assets and help you get the best outcome possible.